This is the technical information that you need to ensure you get the best quality experience while streaming CPC21 Online!
- A minimum speed of 10 Mbps is recommended. Check your internet connection at fast.com
- Limit other devices from using the same network while streaming (phones, tablets, computers, etc.)
- Do not start large downloads or uploads while streaming
- Only have one internet tab open on the computer you are using for the live stream
What device do I use to live stream?
- A laptop or desktop computer is recommended. A phone or tablet can also be used.
- If using a projector or television, use a video cable to send the video signal
- Apple TV or Google Chromecast can also be used but it may slow the connection speed
What browsers will provide the best performance during the event?
- Best Performance
- The most recent version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Foxfire that has been updated within the past year
- Moderate Performance
- The most recent version of Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge that has been updated within the past year
- Poor Performance
- Outdated versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge
- Any operating system that has not been updated within the past year
- Not Supported or Unknown Performance
- Internet Explorer, a device older than (7) years old, or a device using an operating system that is no longer supported by its manufacturer (ex. Windows 7)
- Ensure you have clicked the "play" button on the video player on the watch page
- Refresh the video by clicking on the "Refresh Video" button under the video player, bottom right corner
- Ensure the computer is connected to the internet by visiting another site you know works
- Ensure the computer's internet browser is up to date. Check the browser's version by visiting whatismybrowser.com
- Refresh the webpage and try again. Be sure to click the "play" button on the video player again
- If you are still having issues, lower the bitrate of the stream:
- Access the "settings" menu by hovering over the video player and clicking the wheel icon
- You will see a menu that says "Quality"
- Select a lower bitrate to improve your viewing experience
- If you are still experiencing issues after completing all the previous steps, try using a different browser, clearing your computer's cache, or using a different device
- Ensure the audio on the video player is at 100%
- Ensure the computer audio is not muted and the speakers are turned up
- If on a laptop or desktop computer, unplug the video and audio cables to see if the sound will play directly from the computer's speakers
- If on a phone or tablet, play a video on your device to see if the sound will play from the device's speakers